At HD Davis, we are continuing to grow at a rapid pace and are always looking for energetic, results-driven team members. If you enjoy working in an upbeat, fast-paced, collaborative environment, HD Davis is the place for you. We pride ourselves on our quality customer service as well as creating a flexible work space and fun company culture for our employees.
If this appeals to you, please contact our human resources manager Meredith Gruelle at [email protected]
We are always looking to add to our accounting professionals team!
Staff Accountant: 2-3 years’ experience
Senior Accountant/Manager: 3-7 years’ experience
For more information, please contact our human resources manager Meredith Gruelle at [email protected]
current job openings.
Tax Department Director
At HD Davis CPAs, we value our relationships with our clients. The formula is simple…our clients’ success is directly related to ours. From individuals to booming businesses, we understand our clients on a personal level. We take the extra time and energy to help our clients achieve their goals. Our staff is trained to review our clients’ information not only through the eyes of an accountant but also from the view of a business coach. We utilize cutting-edge technology to spend less time counting beans and more time determining ways for our clients to get more of the beans.
We are quickly growing and looking for motivated individuals with tax experience to join our ever-growing firm at HD Davis CPAs.
This position is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with the partners within the Company and third party service providers. You will serve as tax advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.
Because we are searching for a committed individual looking for a long-time career, HD Davis CPAs will work with his/her strengths and preferences as time passes to ensure maximum growth for all parties.
Tax Department Director Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completion of federal, local and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support
- Responsible for CAT and sales tax functions
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (SFAS No. 109)
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- Researching specific tax laws and credits
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Prepare all tax papers in regular basis and handle all information data requests
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax preparation issues
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
- Assisting with tax planning issues as required
- Assist in estimating and monitoring estimated tax payments
- Coordinating with our Payroll Company, White Glove Payroll
- Understand payroll implications
Tax Department Director Requirements:
- CPA is a requirement
- Ultra Tax experience, required
- Small business tax experience, required
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ tax experience
- QuickBooks experience, required
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment – Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Excellent knowledge of tax preparation , tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the “why”
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Experienced organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation
HD Davis CPAs provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.